Law governing the legal profession
Our firm advises and represents Swiss and foreign lawyers in their dealings with the legal supervisory authorities, both in relation to administrative authorisations and representation in disciplinary matters.
We also act before the courts in cases of disputes regarding fees or the proper execution of the mandate.
Law of the legal profession
REISER Attorneys at Law deals with all matters relating to the law of the legal profession, in particular the application of the rules of the Swiss Law on the Free Movement of Lawyers (LLCA), the Swiss Code of Civil Procedure (CCP), the Swiss Code of Criminal Procedure (CCP) and the Swiss Code of Ethics (SCC).
Legal advice for lawyers
REISER Attorneys at Law has specific expertise and experience in the area of attorneys’ rights, which enables us to offer dedicated consulting services for lawyers.
Our expertise in the field of lawyers’ law
– Conflicts of interest
– Professional secrecy
– Duty of care of the lawyer
– Civil liability
– Drafting of legal opinions
– Legal representation in the context of litigation involving lawyers
– Disciplinary proceedings
Some examples of cases
– Advice and support for the establishment or conversion of a law firm into a partnership or sole proprietorship.
– Advice and representation for the registration in the cantonal register or the public register of EU/EFTA lawyers.
– Advice and representation of attorneys at law in ordinal and disciplinary proceedings before the supervisory authority for attorneys at law.
– Advice in matters of professional secrecy and conflict of interest.
– Advice and representation in cases of fee collection and liability claims against lawyers.