Law governing the legal profession
Our firm provides advice and representation to Swiss and foreign lawyers in their dealings with the supervisory authorities for the legal profession, both in relation to administrative authorisations and disciplinary proceedings. We also provide representation in front of authorities in disputes involving fees and the proper performance of instructions.
Our expertise includes :
- Advice and assistance in structuring or re-structuring a law firm into a company with share capital, whether the company is run by one or several individuals.
- Advice and representation regarding the registration of UE/AELE lawyers to the cantonal register or the public list of UE/AELE lawyers in Geneva.
- Advice and representation of lawyers as part of ordinal and disciplinary proceedings in front of the supervisory authorities for the legal profession.
- Advice regarding legal and professional privilege, as well as conflicts of interests.
- Advice and representation in relation to fee recovery and in relation to professional negligence claims against lawyers.